18 March 2008

9. Obama Supporter In Cambridge, MA.

I was riding the bus and listening to NPR on my iPod (would that one could do this in real life!). They were running a clip of Barack making a concession speech. He announced that he would be Clinton's running mate. I became incensed, jumped up and started pacing the bus, telling strangers the news. They were as upset as I was and we all began talking angrily. The bus was divided between those who thought Obama had been forced into a corner and was doing the best he could, and those who thought he had "sold out." It was also brought up that he might have had his brain taken over by a machine of some sort.

When I woke, I thought this had actually happened (not the part on the bus, just the news) and had to turn on NPR to confirm that it had not.

No comments: